Bike shops can sometimes be intimidating, especially if you’re new to biking. You walk in and the store is crowded with bikes and bike parts. But the fact of the matter is that most bicycle-store employees are bikers who have a passion for the sport, and would love to share their knowledge with you.
Here are five tips to help you find the best bike shop:
1. Customer service: Most bike stores take a lot Top Gears of pride in customer service, and strive to have the best customer service possible. You know that you are in a good bike shop if you’re greeted shortly after entering, staff members are easily identified with uniforms, they have adequate hours, and if there’s a good assortment of merchandise. Take the time to get to know the staff at the shop you like, they’ll be a great source of information to you in finding the right bike for you.
2. Expertise: You want to find a bike store with expert staff. The best staff is one who has a passion for biking and who love to share their excitement for bikes with others. The bicycle industry has many different service classes for mechanics, and there should be at least one staff member with this kind of training. You will want to find a bike shop that can give you personalized service and expert advice.
3. Year-round service: One of the best times to take advantage of the services of a bike store is during the winter season. During peak season, the bicycle stores are sometimes backed up and you may not be able to get an appointment if you need one. One benefit of year-round service is being ready for spring.
4. Specialized line for Women: When it comes to ordering merchandise, too many bike shops forget about the special physiological needs of women. So when women visit these places, they are shown bikes and accessories for large kids or small men. A good bike shop will have women-specified bicycles, frames, seats, shoes and other accessories.
5. Quick Bike Repair: In picking a best bike shop, you want to find a shop that has a quick turnaround time for bike repair. You will want to look for a company that can give you an estimate of how much your repair will cost, and can tell you a date that it will be done by. You will also want to make sure that you ask any and all questions, and voice all concerns that you may have when bringing in your bike. This is a great way to make sure everyone is on the same page and you will be happy with your experience.